Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Two Crazy Kids - One Big Idea

Tanya’s Story: 

Single again after ending a 4-year relationship, my 17-year old son thought it would be hilarious if I tried online dating.  I met nice guys and old guys, short guys and weird guys (one read my palm on the first date and said I was distant and reserved - he was right - I was so distant there wasn't a second date!) and then I met Patrick in a Panera for breakfast.

His French accent was adorable and his long legs and blue eyes were sexy. He was impatient (he asked my ETA while I was en route) and impulsive (he asked me out for the next day) and prickly (he got offended when I asked if he smoked) but there was something about him that made me think after the first date… “I’m either going to marry this guy or he’s going to break my heart.”  Within a month he wanted me to quit my job and run off to travel with him.  Being slightly less impulsive, I lasted a few months under his onslaught before I was able to make arrangements to work remotely while traveling.

Patrick’s Story:

After living in Delaware (chicken country) for a few years, I decided to move down to the sunshine state of Florida. I bought a small Mercedes Benz Sprinter and camped out at my good friends' place (Tom and Barbara) in Gulfport while I traveled around.

Like Tanya, I dabbled with online dating sites and found her. I loved her profile and pictures - I am a sucker for short red hair! A big plus for me was she loved music, motorcycle riding, exploring the country side, and finding off-beat cool places. She was the perfect co-pilot and a cute one! For the next few months we traveled each weekend around Florida, but this didn't fully satisfy me as I wanted to go back “on the road again.”  After spending a few weekends together in my original Sprinter, I knew I would need a larger RV for her zillion pair of shoes and outfits, so I bought the 2018 Unity TB (and she's already taken up ALL the storage) and we are on our way to a great adventure...!

Our Story:


So now we're following our feet and headed for Alaska!  We'd love for you to join us as we wander our way through the American West - Arizona, Utah, California, Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Canada and beyond as we aim for Alaska and the North Pole!




See our path anytime by clicking on the "Where Are We Now" link on the left.  You can also get an inside look at the Mercedes Benz customized Sprinter we'll be traveling in by watching the YouTube video link at the left.

Sign up to receive our blog posts in your email.  It's going to be a wild ride!



13 comments:

  1. You're always blazing a path. Proud to know you. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing spontaneity! Endless beauty and memories to last an eternity. Let me know if there’s anything you need while rolling through Utah! Safe travels, Tanya.
    (Posting helps me realize it’s time to update the google account profile picture. Yikes.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Wish I had been home to meet you when you all stopped by.
    Enjoy your adventure -it sure looks like you are having a ball and I am looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome!!!! Have fun. Be safe. I look forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Counting the days! I can't wait to see you. By the way...your life is slightly insane. That's why I love ya, Tan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So delighted for you both. We LOVE AND MISS Patrick so much, a great person, so much fun together.....so delighted that you are together and we are looking forward to following your adventures together ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. : Unknown are Karen & Dieter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonne route ร  tous les 2 !
    With love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of cabinets for all those shoes and accessories!! I used to live in a 20' travel trailer with a 2 year old toddler when my first husband and I were beekeepers. We moved that little trailer from Vero Beach to south Georgia and then to the mountains of North Georgia following all the different honey flows. I learned a lot about what I really needed to survive, mostly toys for a small child, the right pans to cook in, a BBQ grill, AC and an awning on the front of the trailer which was like have a big ol' porch. We even had a TV and a telephone line put in. You guys are going to have such good times and is seems as if they have already started!! Laura Swain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, you are so right! It really puts things in perspective as to what you need versus what you think you need. But we are having a ball and so excited to set out and see America up close!

    ReplyDelete
  11. as one of Patrick's motorcycle comrades-in-arms (first ride together: '74?) I remember we use to remind each other of the cardinal rule of motorcycling: "Shiny side up, Rubber side down."

    Greg Pryor
    This trip is moto-less. Just Le Bus and and a Minicooper. But the advice still is appropriate.

    Bon Voyage, mis amis.

    ReplyDelete